Categories of schools and institutes (both government and private) affiliated to the Bhutan Council for School Examinations and Assessments (BCSEA) are as follows:
- Higher Secondary Schools
- Middle Secondary Schools
- Primary Schools (III, VI)
- Institutes/Schools for Language and Culture Studies
- Special Institutes
Conditions and Criteria for Affiliation
- The newly opened schools/institutes intending to enroll students for classes X and XII are required to start from classes IX and XI respectively. The BHSEC and BCSE are two-year courses and the school/institute should offer the complete courses.
- The concerned schools/institutes intending to affiliate to BCSEA have to formally apply for affiliation well in time with a copy of approval letter from the Ministry of Education.
- The schools/institutes upgraded to MSS or HSS are required to formally apply to BCSEA for registration of candidates for BCSE or BHSEC before the start of the academic sessions.
- The principal of the school/institute should be formally appointed by the Ministry of Education; a copy of the endorsed document should be sent to the BCSEA.
- The affiliation shall be granted only upon physical verification and fulfillment of the requirements of the BCSEA.