- Set a benchmark (baseline) profile of the knowledge, skills and competencies of the students in Bhutan.
- Collect evidence about the readiness of the Bhutanese education system for entry into the main PISA in 2021.
- Ensure adequate preparation for participation in the international benchmarking system and to perform well in the PISA-D (2017-2018)
In order to fulfill the above aims, it is only appropriate the schools are adequately prepared for a successful participation in PISA-D. Therefore, commencing February 2017, preparatory works shall be rolled out to the Dzongkhags and Schools through a three-tier administration and management structure with the following objectives:
- To ensure that schools are appropriately prepared to partake in PISA-D
- To enable students and teachers to be abreast with the PISA-D systems, questionnaires and tools.
- To enable the schools to render appropriate and adequate interventions and support for the conduct of the PISA-D.
- To ensure a seamless coordination and collaboration amongst stakeholders.